Wednesday, March 23, 2016

#BBB NEWS| Wale Gives Update On New Album, Says It’s “80 Percent Done”

One year after the release of his fourth studio album, The Album About Nothing, Wale says his newest full-length project is nearing completion.

In an interview with Complex on Sunday (March 20), the 31-year-old said S.H.I.N.E., an acronym for “still here ignoring negative energy,” is the embodiment of him attempting to reach new musical heights.

“Sonically, I just wanted to do something that was–I always wanted to push myself as an artist, always,” he said. “I always want to push myself as an artist. I think S.H.I.N.E. is a big example of me pushing myself all the way. My fifth album is a reason to celebrate.”

The DMV native, who recently relocated to the City of Angels, also detailed the “chill” mood of his upcoming album. According to Wale, he will be singing on the project in an effort to strengthen his musical capabilities.

“A lot of the music that I been making is very, very chill,” he said. “I’m singing. And I’m not singing to be the next Brian McKnight. I’m singing to enhance my songwriting ability. And to evolve as an artist. I want to be a great rapper. And I want to be a great songwriter…I just sing with what feels right in the studio.”

As fans eagerly await Wale’s next release, they shouldn’t hold their breath for guest appearances on S.H.I.N.E.

“I’m not a big feature guy though. I’m not really the norm. I’m an anomaly in the industry as far as what I do and the people that I work with. And the type of songs I make,” he said.

Though the rapper has yet to announce when S.H.I.N.E. will be available, hopefully it’ll be sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment