Saturday, April 4, 2015

#BBB NEWS| Kendrick Lamar Engaged to Whitney Alford, The Luckiest Woman Alive [PHOTOS]

During a stop by Power 105's Breakfast Club, Kendrick Lamar confirmed that he is engaged to his longtime girlfriend Whitney Alford.

"Yeah, definitely,"
Lamar said when he was asked about the rumors of an impending wedding. "I'm loyal to the soil. At the end of the day you want to always have real people around you, period."

Lamar and Alford have been dating for nearly a decade; the two met when they were in high school. Rumors began to circulate that the two were betrothed after Alford showed up to an album signing event for Lamar wearing a giant rock on her ring finger. The couple is, by all accounts, the very definition of Relationship Goals.

First of all, check out what they went as for Halloween:


                                 Whitney Alford and Kendrick Lamar as an angel and Jesus (Getty Images)

Here is how Lamar described Alford during an interview with Billboard: "I wouldn't even call her my girl. That's my best friend. I don't even like the term that society has put in the world as far as being a companion — she's somebody I can tell my fears to."

The two also have an enviable rapport. In a conversation with Erykah Badu for Interview magazine, Lamar called Whitney his main "asshole-checker." "She has always been someone, since day one, who has said something whenever I'm an asshole, or also if I'm doin' something positive — but more so when I'm out of my element," he said. She also once joked that he was "cheap" in front of a reporter for the New York Times.

    Lamar usually commands from others a low-key deference (I later asked him if he could recall the last time he wasn’t the alpha figure in the room, and he replied, smiling, "It’s been a while"), but Alford was so at ease sassing him that at first I thought she was his sister. When someone suggested that the group make a party stop in Miami after the tour headed south in a few days, Lamar said, "I just don’t think I could ever throw around money at the club."

    "Why, are you too cheap?" Alford responded.

    "Hell, yeah!" he called out proudly.





Source

No comments:

Post a Comment