Sunday, April 3, 2016

#BBB NEWS| Will Smith To Receive The 2016 MTV Movie Awards Generation Awards

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Independence Day, Bad Boys, I Am Legend, Seven Pounds, The Men In Black franchise Ali, Hitch, The Pursuit of Happiness, the list really just goes on and on and on, which makes sense since Will Smith has been killing it since forever.

And to celebrate Mr. Smith’s impressive Hollywood film career, the MTV Movie Awards announced it will honor Smith with this year’s generation award.

In a nearly minute long vignette, MTV spliced together all of Smith’s memorable moments with the network, as well as iconic scenes from several of his films and music videos.

“I’ve dedicated my life to creating and trying to do things that are different,” Smith said while accepting an MTV Movie award with a then young Jaden by his side. “I’ve dedicated my life to making everything that I touch better. I’ve dedicated my life artistically and spiritually and to just a better place and I just want to thank you guys very much.”

The 47-year-old actor was recently thrust into the middle of social debate when his wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith announced she was boycotting the Academy-Awards due to the lack of diversity in this year’s nominees. Following her public announcement, several prominent actors of color came forward to echo Jada’s sentiments.

It’s also recently been announced the Concussion actor’s new supernatural cop film Bright, has been picked up by Netflix. The $100 million budget film is set to begin production shortly after Suicide Squad hits theaters.

Congrats to Will Smith, so well deserved. The 2016 MTV Movie Award comes on April 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment