Sunday, August 9, 2015

#BBB NEWS| Timbaland Planning To Release New Aaliyah Music? Find Out.. [PHOTOS]

With unofficial tracks from the late R&B idol Aaliyah released last year, including the Drake-assisted “Enough Said,” and “Quit Hatin,” fans of the famed vocalist have been dying for a CDQ-single from within her vault.

Well, it looks like our prayers have been answered and it’s all thanks to Timbaland.

Aaliyah’s producer-in-crime took to his Instagram account to reveal that he does own unreleased music from the “One In A Million” singer. “Attention!!!!! People ask me all the time do I have any babegirl music we haven’t heard !!!!!well the answer is YES!!!!!!!! TIMBO x BABEGIRL !!!!! Sneak peak coming !!!!!!!” he typed on his social media account.

See photos below:


No word on when that sneak peek will arrive, but since it’s coming from the famed beatmaker himself, it’ll definitely be worth the wait. Timbo has always been consistent on keeping Aaliyah’s legacy prominent, posting several images and quotes from the beauty on his Insta account.






There have been many attempts to drop a posthumous album from Aaliyah, one namely from Drizzy and Noah “40” Shebib. In an interview with VIBE, 40 discussed his plan to continue to uplift Baby Girl’s legacy on wax:

    Aaliyah’s label Blackground—the Hankersons, her uncle and cousin—came to me and said if she was around she’d want you to do this [posthumous] project. I’ve been obsessed with Aaliyah forever, and I know Drake has his relationship with her. But that opportunity was mine. Drake said, “Can I do it with you?” and I was like, “Of course, we’ll do it together.” The world reacting to Drake’s involvement so negatively, I just wanted nothing to do with it. That was a very sad experience for me. I was naïve to the politics surrounding Aaliyah’s legacy and a bit ignorant to Timbaland’s relationship and everybody else involved and how they’d feel. Tim said to me “Don’t stop, make the album.” I think that was Tim taking the position of, “I’m not going to stop you. If you’re not going to do it, that’s your decision.” But ultimately, I wasn’t comfortable and didn’t like the stigma. We released [“Enough Said”], but I was seven songs deep. [Aaliyah’s] mother saying “I don’t want this out” was enough for me. I walked away very quickly.


Since then, Aaliyah’s vocals have been sampled on tracks from Dom Kennedy’s “Gold Alpinas,” A$AP Rocky’s “Fu**in Problems,” and Chris Brown’s “Don’t Think They Know.”


No comments:

Post a Comment