Thursday, September 10, 2015

#BBB NEWS| Snoop Dogg On Having His Own Biopic: “I Don’t Feel Like I’m Ready For That”

As Straight Outta Compton enjoys cinematic success, raking in over $168 million at the box office worldwide, new hip-hop biopics are being proposed in its wake.

From Daz Dillinger Dogg Pound-based biopic, DPG 4 Life, to a Welcome To Death Row adaptation, the N.W.A. film has inspired others to depict their lives on screen.

One rapper, however, is not ready for his life story to hit the silver screen: Snoop Dogg.

In an interview with HipHopWired, Snoop revealed that the idea of a biopic is not one he would entertain at this point in this career. While he admitted he wasn’t ready to tell his own story – because it’s still in progress – he did praise Straight Outta Compton, which included a fictional version of himself.

“Nah, I’m still creating the Snoop story,” Snoop Dogg said. “It’s still happening as we speak…I don’t feel like I’m ready for that. I feel like I got more to do. And when I’m able to settle down and look at it and then say ‘Okay, I wanna document my life and my career and whatnot then I will do it.’ But right now, I’m loving the fact that N.W.A did they thing. I grew up a fan of theirs. And just letting they movie breathe. Letting the people enjoy their story and their success. That’s what it’s all about.”

So there the masses have it. While actors may be churning out their own renditions of Snoop Dogg, the man himself is not ready for his own film just yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment