Friday, December 4, 2015

#BBB NEWS| Tiger Woods Voices Uncertainty Of Future In Golf With TIME Magazine

Sports fans have been hit with a huge blow as many have gotten wind of Kobe Bryant’s intentions to retire via an open letter he released on The Player’s Tribune. Now another athlete may be looking to call it quits as well.

After undergoing his second back surgery in just two years, Tiger Woods is hinting at retirement in a recent interview with TIME.

Woods expressed that his back injury is related to nerves and didn’t seem too sure about returning to the golf course in fully healthy shape.

“There’s no timetable. And that’s a hard mind-set to go through. Because I’ve always been a goal setter. Now I had to rethink it, and say, okay, my goal is to do nothing today. For a guy who likes to work, that’s a hard concept for me to understand,” Woods shared. “I’ve learned a little bit of it, I think. I know that, one, I don’t want to have another procedure. And two, even if I don’t come back and I don’t play again, I still want to have a quality of life with my kids. I started to lose that with the other surgeries.”

Looks like the world of sports is on the cusp of losing another one of its greats as someone who is eyeing the age of 40 pretty soon, such as Woods, seems unlikely to make a healthy comeback so late in his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment