Tuesday, September 15, 2015

#BBB NEWS| Legendary Flow: Dr. Dre Interviews Quincy Jones For ‘The Pharmacy’ On Beats 1 [PHOTO/AUDIO]

Dr. Dre sat with legendary producer and VIBE founder Quincy Jones at his home for The Pharmacy on Beats 1 Radio to discuss his illustrious career.

The conversation was dubbed Q&A (Quincy and Andre). Dre, obviously excited, begins the interview by telling Jones he’s a musical genius, to which Jones humbly accepts the praise and hilariously admits despite all he’s done, he doesn’t know how to drive.

As the two laugh and the interview begins, Jones says growing up in Chicago he initially wanted to be a gangster, and had an unconventional awakening music was his true calling.

“There was an armory. I broke into the armory and eventually I broke into all the supervisors’ rooms and there was one where I saw a little piano in the room and I closed the door. Something said to me, ‘Idiot, go back in that room!’ I went back in the room and touched the piano… and every drop of blood in my body said, ‘this is what you’re gonna do for the rest of your life.’…and it saved my life.”

The two also discussed the producer-artist relationship, working with Michael Jackson and the one thing he’s afraid of.

“I’ve never ever bowed to the word ‘fear,’ Jones said. “The only thing that I had fear of was being offered an incredible opportunity and I was not prepared for it.”

Listen to a meeting of two great minds below.

AUDIO: Listen To The Pharmacy With Dr. Dre. HERE!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment