Saturday, August 22, 2015

#BBB NEWS| READ: Dr. Dre Has A Message For All The Women He’s Hurt: “I Deeply Regret What I Did”

Massive hip-hop impact and legend aside, the side-eyes towards Dr. Dre have only intensified since the box-office breaking release of Straight Outta Compton.

His storied past of violence against women has cast a dark shadow over his legacy, especially his violent encounter with Fox journalist, Dee Barnes.

In a recent essay with Gawker entitled, “Here’s What’s Missing From Straight Outta Compton: Me And The Other Women Dr. Dre Beat Up,” she shined a light on the reportedly abusive habits that Dr. Dre left out of Straight Outta Compton altogether.

Today, the New York Times released a piece containing an apologetic statement from Dr. Dre reiterating (albeit, vaguely) his deep regret for the past.

He told the Times:

“Twenty-five years ago I was a young man drinking too much and in over my head with no real structure in my life. However, none of this is an excuse for what I did. I’ve been married for 19 years and every day I’m working to be a better man for my family, seeking guidance along the way. I’m doing everything I can so I never resemble that man again. I apologize to the women I’ve hurt. I deeply regret what I did and know that it has forever impacted all of our lives.”


Do you think he will be forgiven by the masses?


No comments:

Post a Comment