Sunday, August 16, 2015

#BBB NEWS| READ: Dr. Dre On His Abusive Past: “I Made Some F***ing Horrible Mistakes In My Life”

As a new movie about his beginnings of hip-hop success holds court in theaters this weekend, Dr. Dre is still defending himself against abuse allegations from several women in his past.

Covering Rolling Stone to promote the Straight Outta Compton N.W.A. biopic, the storied West Coast producer was probed about two particular incidents: accounts by his ex-fiancee, singer Michel’le and journalist Dee Barnes.

In a statement released in 1991, Barnes, a former host for Fox’s Pump It Up! noted that Dre “began slamming her face and the right side of her body repeatedly against a wall near the stairway” and “grabbed her from behind by the hair and proceeded to punch her in the back of the head” during a record release party. During an interview with The Breakfast Club back in March, Michel’le said of her time with Dre: “I had five black eyes, I have a cracked rib, I have scars that are just amazing.”

During his recent sit-down with Rolling Stone Dre expressed regret for his abusive past, noting the incidents at “things i would like to take back.” While not taking responsibility for all the accusations in full, the producer did admit that some of them were factual, noting his youth and stupidity as culprits for his actions.

“I made some f**king horrible mistakes in my life. I was young, f**king stupid. I would say all the allegations aren’t true — some of them are,” Dr. Dre said. “Those are some of the things that I would like to take back. It was really f**ked up. But I paid for those mistakes, and there’s no way in hell that I will ever make another mistake like that again.”

Additionally, Ice Cube addressed the misogyny in his lyrics during his N.W.A. and solo career eras, remarking that “upstanding females” should not have been offended by his references to “h**s” and “b****hes.”

“If you’re a bitch, you’re probably not going to like us,” he says. “If you’re a ho, you probably don’t like us. If you’re not a ho or a bitch, don’t be jumping to the defense of these despicable females. Just like I shouldn’t be jumping to the defense of no punks or no cowards or no slimy son of a bitches that’s men. I never understood why an upstanding lady would even think we’re talking about her.”
Read more details from N.W.A’s Rolling Stone cover story here.




No comments:

Post a Comment