Tuesday, July 14, 2015

#BBB NEWS| Lauryn Hill Cancels London Performance Due To Legal Strain [PHOTO]

Even though Lauryn Hill’s widely publicized tax evasion case landed her a three-month prison sentence, her reintroduction to the music scene through tours and concert appearances gave us back all we missed from her.

But it seems as though her legal complications might be back to haunt her, as she was forced to cancel a London show at the O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire due to her “past legal situation.”

The rapper-songwriter took to Facebook with an unfortunate message for fans where she explains that she won’t move forward with the show:

Hello All,

I’ve been informed that I won’t be able to enter the UK for a period of time due to my past legal situation. For this reason I have to cancel my concert on July 15th. Know that I was looking forward to performing in London this summer, and that I appreciate all of my fans and supporters both in London, and throughout the UK. I look forward to seeing you again as soon as I’m able to.

Love and Respect,
MLH


Hill did not detail the exact legal situation, but speculation rose that it has to do with the tax evasion case and failure to pay restitution fees. The hope now is that the “Ready Or Not” rapper won’t have to break off any other promised concert appearances, as she’s expected to hit stages back on American soil in August.



Photo Credit: Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment